Monday 7 March 2011

Links and more

I have recently been asked where I buy my Arty Farty templates from so I thought I would share a link to Arty Farty where they can all be purchased along with any accessories needed. ie wheels and special papers ect.
http://www.artyfartydesign.co.uk/
A great company to deal with.

Next:
I spent Sunday afternoon creating a birthday card for my daughter in law who celebrates her birthday on Wednesday 9th March. She is great and deserves a great card. Art deco is very much in vogue at the present time and loved by lots of us which is why I chose one of Debbi Moore's Glitter and Glitz Art Deco range.
There is a fantastic CD where my sheets came from as well as inspiration from Debbi Moore's brand new Craft Magazine: Bringing Inspiration to you. The freebie designs and papers are stunning and certainly wet your appertite for more.

White A5 gatefold card.
The inside decoupage.
I used a plain A5 card blank which I gatefolded.Shiny black card and gold mirror card was used for matting and layering on the outside flaps as well as the inside.I always like to score a frame around the edge of my matts using my Crafter's Companion Score Board.
The backing paper is from the free collection in the Debbi Moore Magazine and the decoupage was from the CD. I used one part of the decoupage for the outside flap and the rest inside to tie the design together . The sentiment came from the Magazine's free pages and was layered onto gold mirror card before being mounted onto the front with shaker tape. For the decoupage I used my personal favourite Pin Flair glue. To finish off I used Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star to highlight various areas such as the gold in the headress and the jewellery. I did toy with the idea of using a bit of black feather to further increase the effect.
As  Jak Heath, a lady I admire and have great respect for always says "all brought together with a little love"
Hope you like it Vic.

No comments:

Post a Comment